Thursday, December 30, 2010

Osun Festival - 8/21/2010

"When you stand with the blessings of your mother and God, it matters not who stands against you." - Yoruba Proverb


This picture is from this years Osun festival.  Osun (Oh-shoon) is a divinity in the Yoruba pantheon who is very close to my heart.  Not only is she the spirit that rules my life path at this time - but she is also a fierce protector of mine.  This embrace reminds me of how Osun manifests in my life.  She is a confident, friend, lover, protector and supporter- like no other.  She is the mother that raises her daughters to be good and confident women - who know how to claim their place in life.  She is loving yet strong, beautiful yet intense, comforting and empowering.  I owe her my life and she has taken it to places I never could have imagined.  ORE YEYE OSUN!!!

Participants dance and sing in celebration of Osun


2 comments:

  1. You are very eloquent with these pictures. I wish to thank you for the lovely blog you have here. Alaafia!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i absolutely love this! in your photos i see myself and in your words i hear my voice...ekuse o! will there be another festival this year? ~Osunfunmike Alake

    ReplyDelete